kbrozo84

Feb 4, 2007
I purchased a 1989 KX250, afterwards i learned the ignition system (stator, rotor, igniter, and ignition coil) was replaced with components from a 1984 kx 125. The bike starts and idles fine but has no power, is the problem the ignition system swap the problem? and if it is is there any place i can find the correct electrical parts for cheaper that stock because it would cost me over $1000 to replace those parts. Thanks

mobrown

Jan 26, 2004
Be patient...

Have you checked the compression? What color is the spark? It may be that your ignition timing is incoreect.

Could be many things but I would get someone who knows bikes to tak a look at it before spending $1K on parts for an '89 machine that would be foolish.

Get a knowledgeable and trustworthy person to help you first
and formost. If it has no power I doubt it is only the electrical system unless the timing is really far off.

just_a_rider

Jul 25, 2006
For 1K you could update to an uper 90's or an early 2000 model. Stators are high and you can get them at www.bikebandit.com under OEM parts as well as the rest of the stuff but an 89 is not worth sinking a lot of money in. I would also imagine that parts from a 125 would be diferent than a 250.

Top Bottom