bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i am helping a friend restore his 1990 KTM DXC250, has anyone got any jetting settings (ie stock) to give me a baseline to start with.

also, is there anything else i should know about this bike such as strange quirks or things to check.

if anyone has any parts please let me know (ive got wanted thread in the for sale forum also)

thanks

bruce

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
KTM had a couple of service bulletins w/ updated jetting for this bike.
There is also an updated powervalve flapper, as the stock ones broke.
I ran a powervalve spring from a '92mx250 and it made more linear power.
I don't remember how I jeeted it now but when I was done it made 44rwhp on a dynojet.
These things will rip, believe it or not.
Jeez, now I miss mine.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
this thing probably did rip once, but after cleaning i dont know how much desert from the inside of the airboot i am suprised it even ran! (it did take some pushing and only went for a minute) i will wait to see if my friend will stump up the $500 for new top and bottom ends before i get too carried away and start searching further for info. i sort of hope he doesnt, i would love to take it of his hands for a nice winter project!

thanks

bruce

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
KTM copied the 89 cr250 for this their first right hand kick start left hand countershaft motor.
I wouldn't be surprised if some of the bottom end was interchangeable.
Also watch the shock linkage and top shock mount bolt, they will get loose and fall out.
I had the exc, does the dxc have the button rotor or a flywheel?
That should be a fun bike, this thread is bringing back too many fond ktm memories...

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
i can see where you are coming from, it was love at first sight when i saw it, but forbidden love though (its not mine)! sitting on it, it felt like my old 87cr250. its just a shame it took in so much sand! i managed to establish that parts (piston, rod, bearings and seals etc) are available, but i dont know how easy it will be to get hold of a new air boot and manifold.

Top Bottom