motoXcowboy

May 22, 2003
I was wondering if anyone can tell me what I can do to make my 93 RM 125 more competitive.

Currently I have a Wiseco piston kit, Boyesen Reeds, FMF Fatty Pipe and Silencer, a brand new clutch, a 49 rear tooth sprocket and a stock front sprocket with a D.I.D. O-ring chain. I am running VP C-12 with stock jet settings, I adjusted the air screws and it seems to respond good.

I have been thinking of installing a Boyesen Rad Valve, and some triple clamps (not sure which to get) I use Rethal Bars (the emig bend)

I think I need to have my shock sent out because it bottoms out and bounces bad when I case 50+ jumps. Also not very smooth in whoops. I havent been able to find the right click setting, or maybe I need a stiffer spring..(I wiegh 175lbs) My forks seem to work fine.

Just wondering if anyone out there has any suggestions or had this bike and or knows where I can find info to get the most out of this RM.

Thanks

nzfred

Nov 22, 1999
You are throwing cash at an old bike, no matter what mods you do it wont handle as good as a newer bike.
My advice is buy a newer rm and save $$ on parts that are not as worn out as an old bike, and you wont need many mods.

SterlingYZ

Mar 19, 2003
Actually, it sounds as if you have most of the mods done, so at this point, I would check your settings in your manual for the suspension, and start from there. MAYBE you need it revalved, but if you don't have it adjusted properly, that will do it too. I agree, a new bike would be awesome, but I am assuming if you COULD get a new bike, you would, so I won't state the obvious. With the mods, I bet your RM is on par powerwise, and set up the suspension, You will be FINE on the trails against the newer bikes. As for racing, I'm sure you would be fine in Lower amateur racing, assuming if you were serious about racing you wouldn't be asking about a 93 RM. All in all, have fun! The better, more comfortable the rider, the faster you will be. The answer is not always to buy a new bike, but if you want to race against the best of the best, then, you'd better equip yourself properly. Only YOU can answer that question.

Top Bottom