OVERBORED

Nov 18, 2007
Hay guys I just bought a 93 rm 250 got it home and tried riding it and it keep stalling. I notice the spark plug was wet with water so I bought gaskets for it and put it back together and no luck every time i kick it with the spark plug out it shoots water out the spark plug hole any ideas where this water is coming from. Thanks in advance. :bang:

m4i2k2e2

Oct 8, 2007
is it water cooled, if so somethings leaking. also, if theres water in the engine, thats not good. you need to get a good manual and, rip it down and, get all that water out. i have a clymer manual, theres tons of pictures and, there real pictures. very descriptive. did you replace the head gasket?

Rotorranch

Feb 10, 2007
Is it coolant, or just water?

What gaskets did you replace?

Check the airbox drain. The airbox might be full of water. Otherwise, if it's coolant, you may have a blown head gasket, or a cracked cylinder or head.

Rotor

sparkysakitas

~SPONSOR~
Aug 31, 2005
check see if you are losing coolant??

then pull just the head off look at the o- ring gaskets if they are squished that is probably the cause of the leak
i had that problem when doing the top end on my 1990 rm 125

i would also take the cylinder off with engine out of bike
tip it up side down see if any coolant comes out, blow it out with some compressed air, check base gasket, empty out expansion chamber and let it dry out

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I assume it's coolant you are seeing. If it's not the gaskets or head O-rings then you may have a cracked cylinder or head that is letting the coolant in.

OVERBORED

Nov 18, 2007
thanks, You guys are awesome the head o-rings must have not sealed right. took it apart and redid it over and whamo it ran great. runs better than I could have ever imagined. Thanks again guys you know your stuff. Now I have a problem keeping the front end down LOL :cool:

Top Bottom