Houndog

~SPONSOR~
Oct 11, 2002
Hi All,

I started lurking here a week ago when a former co worker mentioned he had a '95 KDX200 for sale. I had done some 4 wheeling and some road biking but no off road 2 wheel at all, I was interested enough to do a bit of research and found myself checking alot of messages (what an awesome wealth of information). The bike appears to be in excellent shape with the exception of a noise in the motor that goes away just off idle (any ideas?). After my research which was mostly on the web and the combined confidence I have in my coworker I made trip last night to pick up the bike. It has an FMF pipe (Gold Series) and silencer (oval), Answer Pro Taper bars and Triple Clamps, new 13/47 sprockets with an Oring chain,a front disk guard, spare front pads, spare cables, spare front sprocket, etc... there was alot of gear thrown in along with the stock pipe and silencer. Package deal was 1800 cdn, this was his asking price which I thought more than fair and did not haggle as I normally would.

I had the bike out for a short rip today on some old wheeler roads that were wet from last nights rain, they were basically hard packed mud covered with wet leaves which was very interesting for my first ride. I know these trails are much better dry from 4 wheeling on them and look forward to trying some less slickery terrain.

The bike should have a a new front tire and a new top end (never been worked on), I plan to do the top end this winter (maybe a Wiesco piston?).

I thank all of your for the information I obtained in this forum, alot of my concerns were answered with a simple search. You will be hearing from me again, a proud KDX200 owner.

Brian

Stanbagger
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 1, 2001
Welcome!! As for the noise, it's a Kawi/KDX thing. The clutch will be noisy, the powervalve will be noisy, and the motor will be noisy. I've never heard a quiet KDX, and if I did, it wouldn't be running right! In order to ride such a great bike as the KDX, you'll have to learn to live with some akward noises. Has the bike ever been re-jetted? If not, doing so will make a huge performance increase, along with removing the airbox lid and using it as a frisbee, if its not already gone. As far as the pipe, it looks like you've already got that covered. Do you know what model it is? (K-35 or K-30). Good luck and happy trails :aj:

Houndog

~SPONSOR~
Oct 11, 2002
I had a look at the pipe, it is a K-30. I am a bit suprised, I expected to find a K-35.

The rear half of the airbox cover has been removed. I have not checked into the jetting, any tips?

I am having fun so far, the lights were in a box and not on the bike so I decided to put them on for now...

gooby

Nov 8, 2001
I'de look to see what you have in there...the weather is getting colder....making it run leaner.Then go to the just kdx site for all the tuning info you will need .My lid is completely gone ,uni filter but half a lid is also a normal mod ,not to have to relocate the cdi box.ride safe

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom