Spammer125

Mod Ban
Oct 4, 2002
I have heard that a v-force is one of the best mods you can do to this model of bike. Problem is, right now I dont have the money for a new v-force or dealta valve. Could I squeak by with just a good set of reeds from carbon-tech or FMF?

Thanks for any replies

SiCnTwIsTdYz

Apr 10, 2002
also reeds from boyesen power reeds work really good for my 2000 yz125, i have never tried v-force, but my boyesen reeds are nice, throughout the powerband i can rev higher and the power is there :thumb:

SiCnTwIsTdYz

Apr 10, 2002
also my firend had fmf reeds in his 2000 cr125 im not sure how they worked because i never rode that bike but id take either boyesen or v-force

rickyd

Hot Sauce
Oct 28, 2001
I would save up some $$ and buy the v-forces, made a big diffrence in my 250..
RIck

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
I put a set of Boyesen Pro Series reeds in my 00 CR125, they made some difference but not really worth the money. They're now sitting on top of my PC because I got a V-Force, I'm pretty happy with it. It's often nearly impossible to feel the 'extra' power gained by these mods, but overall my bike seems much quicker then it was before all the mods! For less money then a V-Force you could get Eric to port your cylinder, I noticed a much better change after porting then the V-Force, just a thought...

Philip

Moto Squid

~SPONSOR~
Jul 22, 2002
I put the V-force on my 02 cr 125 and like Zenith said the power increase isn't exactly obvious. Mine pulls harder out of corners and on starts, will hold 3rd gear better, and has a bit better top end, but it's mostly more bottom end grunt (if there is such a thing on a 125 :confused: )

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
On the CR125s make sure you set your reed tension to low-steve125 found improvments across the power range when set to low.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom