matlortie

Jun 19, 2010
i have a 2000 rm 250 with no spark. was running fine and when i brought it home it had no more spark. Just got a new stator, pick up coil, secondary coil and cdi, and still no spark. I've gone throught the wiring harness many times and it looks good. I have arround 130 Dc Volts going to my coil but its negative volts, so i dont know if that makes a difference. The bike has been down for 2 month, really want to go riding. I appreciate any help.

jaguar

~SPONSOR~
Jul 29, 2000
South America
sounds like your high voltage coil is bad if the cdi is sending it voltage and the spark plug is good and the spark cap is good. Unless you have a broken wire (although the insulation is intact) or a bad ground contact. clean all ground contacts with sandpaper. Make sure all motor mounts are tight. that affects ground path conduction

Last edited:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
You really need the book, to tell you what all the readings should be, with a multi tester. You are reading volts and I know most of the trouble shooting is in reading ohms. I really like THAT model, you had better get it running! Or, sell it to me cheap? I am not efficient with electrical issues, without the book, multi tester, and off memory. Did you disconnect the kill switch, personally its the issue more than 3/4ths the times! And I really hate bringing it up now, after you already threw all new parts at it, seemingly. Vintage Bob

Top Bottom