derekk87

May 29, 2002
Today it was about 30 degrees and i started up my old ttr to ride it home. It had not been ridden in a week or two. It took almost 30 minutes of constant kicking to get it to start and keep running. It will start and then run for about 3 or 4 seconds and then it just slowly dies. I admit i rode the absolute crap out of this bike for about a year and a half, but i thought it would for sure go longer than that without a rebuild. Is there anything else that would help it or is the topend just shot.

Glitch

~SPONSOR~
Dec 3, 2001
Have you ridden the bike in this cold of weather before and has it work fine then? When it becomes cold out, the mixture leans out, so you should try turning out your fuel screw some to compensate for the lean condition. You should also drain the tank and float bowl and put in some fresh fuel.

derekk87

May 29, 2002
Ya its been ridden in cold weather and it was always hard starting but nowhere near this bad. It has a fresh plug and i richened up the needle the other day but no luck. Once it warms up it runs alright. No more often than it gets ridden i really hate to spend any money on it but i dont want to have a bike that doesnt run either.

XR 250R RIDER

Apr 5, 2001
My TTR is the same way pretty much. The majority of the time (when the engine is cold) it's starts ok. Not the greatest though by no means. But sometimes, just like you, i'll kick for a half hour. The choke doesn't help though either. I have been riding mine hard too for 1.5-2 years. I guess the 85 can't come soon enough. I don't know if the 2000 just had troubles with it or what. Is '00 the first year of the TTR 125? My two neighbors have a 01 TTR and an 02 TTR and theres doesn't have any problems. I do ride mine harder and mine is older but, maybe they just had some troubles with that year.

Top Bottom