Dragonfly

May 8, 2002
Hi I just bought a 2000 YZ426F Sunday and I don't know the first thing about a 4-stroke. I sold my 01 KDX to get this one. What I do know is my White brothers muffler is VERY loud. I was wondering if I add more disks to the end what will that do? I have 12 right now. I see they sell a quiet core insert but that only reduces it by 6 db. I was hoping to reduce it more like 20 db without spending the 300 bucks for a FMF Q. I have yet to check the packing as well. The guy said he did it last year buy who knows. Also what do you think about a 12 tooth front sprocket? I have a 51 on the rear. All I do is trail riding. Thanks

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Less discs=less noise. If you were to get the quiet core insert and take some discs out, I think that would make it acceptable. Remember, 6 db. is A LOT of sound reduction to the ear.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
repack the muffler first, take off 6 disc and if that is not enough get the quiet core insert. Also having a turn down tip without the disc will point the noise towards the ground quieting things a bit.

I run the carbon fiber E series with a screen spark arrestor and turndown. Much quieter than the PC pipe I took off, quieter than stock and just about 1 db louder than a FMF Q on a 450.

Top Bottom