MotoTrials

Jan 31, 2004
The air box cover on my 2001 Gas Gas EC250 does not join well with the side panel. You can see a decent size gap. Do any of you have a similar problem? Should I be concerned with getting water and dirt inside? I was thinking about sealing this off with tape but I'm not sure where the air typically enters at.

Also, have you tried the Trial Tech computer on a Gas Gas? I want to get an odometer, but their web site doesn't specify one for Gas Gas. I think their inverted fork mount kit should work with the front brake rotor. If you have this brand, do you also use their dashboard mounting kit and if so which one? I think the bolt spacing is 100 mm.

Thanks,
Matt

RAH RAH

Aug 30, 2003
the airbox and sidepanels will have a gap even when installed perfectly. theres pretty much nothing to do about that other than clean the filter often. I ride in a lot of mud and water yet the gap hasnt done anything other than get the airbox dirty. If you want to tape it up its okay. most of the air enters from the grab handles and from under the seat.
I got one of those trail techs and it works okay, battery life has been my problem. I drilled a hole in the front brake carrier for the pickup. Jim at Smackover hooked me up with the dashboard b/c I already had the bicycle computer. It is a computer to have fun with.

Top Bottom