yz125_racer

Jan 8, 2007
Hey guys, just recently i took my '01 YZ 125 out for a spin at my local track, and not long after riding i did a clutch cable. After completely snapping it from the lever to the cable, i couldn't do much but push start it so i ride the bike on to flat ground again.

After getting it home, i tried to start it in neutral- but after about 8-9 kicks, i realised it just wouldn't start- which is concerning, as it usually starts first kick. I pulled the spark plug out, (expecting a fouled plug), however it was fine with plenty of spark. I cleaned it, put it back in, tried again... but all to no avail. :(

Surely a bike can start in neutral, without a clutch? Or am i missing something, or could it be more serious than i think? Any advice would be appreciated. Cheers everyone.

rushy08

Jul 17, 2006
same thing happened to me. i kept kicking and kicking to no avail. i figured that while in neutral fuel on hold it wide for a feew kicks and kick hard

rushy08

Jul 17, 2006
yeh too easy. let us know how you go. just make sure4 you dont pump the throttle on and off. Keep it wide for 2-3 kicks and kick hard, if it doesnt start after that, just keep it at 1/8 throttle and kick away.

KX250Dad

Dec 4, 2006
Might want to make sure you didn't ground the kill switch or create a kill switch issue when changing the cable. Take the plug out of the cylinder leave it in the spark cap and in a dark area kick... should see a bluish spark arcoss the gap... orange would indicate a plug or electronic issue. The YZ is not a complex bike, have patients... it's something simple. Just work down the cause-effect tree and you'll figure it out.
Good luck...

Top Bottom