2002 KDX 220 Christmas Present!

gunreba

Sep 8, 2002
I'm a newbie and i've been on the board for the last few weeks reading alot and decided to get my 13 yr. old a mint 2002 KDX220 with just a couple of hrs. on it. Great price! The guy traded it at the local dealer for a KX-250! Plan to check with the previous owner and see how it was broken in. Just reading about some of the piston problems with the 220 on the message board. I figure everything should be o.k. till time for a set of rings. Plan to replace the top end at that time with a Wiseco kit and maybe a pipe if he keeps his grades up! Looking forward to some "Good Times" with the KDX!

woodsy

~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 16, 2002
If my Dad would have done that I would have never left.....
MERRY CHRISTMAS
Woodsy

jcpa

Dec 8, 2002
I just bought a 2001 KDX220 with a couple of hours on it as well. I'm really looking forward to the bike. I talked with Jeff Fredette http://www.frpoffroad.com/ of FRP Racing a couple of days ago. According to Jeff, the maintenance manual for the KDX recommends that the piston and rings be replaced after break-in. The Wiseco Kit was
$100 and it eliminates the possibility of the factory piston shattering. I thought it would be a good way to learn about my bike and do some preventative maintanence at the same time.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom