minidog

May 18, 2002
Purchased new bike in
september 2001.Loved power delivery but fouled plug second day. Leaned out oil ratio of mc-1 to 50;1 still fouled plug. Drilled out air box cover and guess what-more fouled plugs. Started reading your site and went with 155 main jet and 42 pilot at 1 turn out needle in mid position-still fouled plugs. Switched to a #7 plug and got good reading off of it with no fouled plugs-have also switched to mobil 1 mxt2 but now a am hearing crackling noises like bike is running rich. When jetting bike should I jet for #7 or # 8 plug. Riding in tight woods at sea level at about 85 degrees and can only getr into 3rd gear. Bike is completely stock and also when do I need to service top end and kps system. Bike lacks power like when new is this normal?

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Given temps in your area and the riding conditions I'd consider moving the jet needle's clip to the second from the top position (#2), install a 152 main and fine tune from there.

I'd stick with the #7 plug and jet with that.

"Bike lacks power like when new is this normal" Yes poor jetting zaps a pile of power and throttle response.

When to service the top end? That's not an easy question to answer, there isn't a one size fits all answer and it will vary greatly depending on how you ride the bike, maintain the air filter etc. I'm do a compression test now and record the value in your log book then periodically take compression reading, record them, and compare them to the original.

David

Top Bottom