2002 KTM 520 SX - first sighting!

drehwurm

Dec 9, 2000
Servus,

Today on my home track, just like the picture on Cycle News, there it was. It was either a pre-production model or really one of the first off the production line. The owner wouldn't even admit that it was a 2002, but it was too obvious. I didn't get a ride, but a least I could take a close look.

viewable changes:

.) larger diameter forks, very likely 48mm, but I had no means to verify this. Axle diameter and brake looked unchanged

.) WP PDS shock with Hi/Low compression adjuster

.) black fender and side panels, new seatcover (like the Cycle News picture)

.) chain slider instead of lower chain roller

The engine and carb looked unchanged from 2001, but this is hard to tell from the outside - again no comments from the owner.

Suspension looked really good on the track and there is no need to talk about the power on the 520 - just plenty :p

Michael

yzeater

~SPONSOR~
May 21, 2001
I was thinking to myself, why would they have a really early model in the US? Then I saw that you are from Austria. I guess there is an advantage to living down under:D

Last edited:

drehwurm

Dec 9, 2000
Servus yzeater,

Then I saw that you are from Australia.

You know, KTMs are not made in Australia and I'm not from Australia either (though I wouldn't mind, nice country). But, that's probably what you get when you eat too many YZs ;)

Michael

CRGuy

Posts Too Much
Nov 14, 2000
well then who has the CRF and we don't kniw about it yet!
let me ride, common
Well that's what they said would be changed.
CRG

scott_ktm

Feb 13, 2001
In Dumb and Dumber it was "G'day mate".

I will be in Austria and Germany first week of Sept riding in the mountains(road bikes). Maybe I will see some '02s:cool:

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
And anyone that's not an American is a Euro........:confused:

Top Bottom