bschleuning

Aug 20, 2003
My son is going to be moving up from a kx 80 to a 125 , im looking at a 2002 kx125, it has fmf exhaust, renthal handle bars, other than that it is all stock, he is about 100 pounds, 5' 5", he is a intermidiate rider, ive looked at a lot of JUNK bikes for sale , i have a chance to buy this 2002 for 2000.00 , its a one owner bike and has been very well taken care of and hardly ridden, ive read that these were under powered some what and was wondering if anyone had any comments(good,bad)..on this machine, i will be adding a v-force reed kit, and possibly sending it off to eric for a port job, price and condition of this bike is the best ive seen in 3 months of looking , i did find a bone stock 2003 cr125 that was perfect for 2500.00, but im a loyal green fan, what silencer works best with the fmf pipe? it has the turbine core 2 because the guy only rode it around in the mountains , anyway any and all comments will be appreciated...

Last edited:

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
I have a 2002 KX 125. Stock it was not the fastest bike but very torquey for a 125. Just putting an fmf fatty on made it quicker. I'm sure porting and a v force would do wonders for it. It's a pretty tall bike for someone who is 5' 5". The overall quality of the bike is excellent. Mine is still in excellent condition after 3 seasons of riding. I plan on putting it up for sale in the spring and getting a KX 250. It made a loyal KX fan out of me too! :cool:

KX02

Jan 19, 2004
Oh yeah, I just kept the stock silencer on the bike, it's a pretty decent unit. I'm not sure if there is much of a gain to be had with an aftermarket one.

Top Bottom