2003 Cr Airbox

O'MALLEY_808

Dec 28, 2003
Hi I own a 2002 Cr125 and had to go through the trouble of re-sealing the airbox. I just bought a 2003 Cr250 and was curious if this new foam gasket has cured the problem or do I need to make some changes.

Let me know if anything needs to be done.

Thanks in advance

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
My 03cr250 leaked also. Keep an eye on it. The honda foam ring is a lousy fix because it is porous and lets dirt in. The whole design is flawed because there is not enough screws for such a soft flexing boot. The pressure is not equal on that seal, at some place there is so much distance between the screws I could get a credit card through.

O'MALLEY_808

Dec 28, 2003
Hey NO HAND did you go to the walton transcan??? Do you run cmrc? If so wut class, #, etc.

NO HAND

~SPONSOR~
Jun 21, 2000
Hi, no I never been to walton. I race the EOMA serie every year. eastern ontario association, from the cmrc. Got the yellow panels (intermdiate). Have you been to sand del lee MX park?

O'MALLEY_808

Dec 28, 2003
Naw I havnt had the chance to make it over to that track...im close to toronto so I usually run the south western ontario circuit. I just moved up to intermediate and im adjusting to the new pace pretty quickly. Maybe ill see you around.

_j0kA_

Jan 29, 2002
odog - get out.. joes ordering the mxbonz aluminum (i think) fix from mxsouth.. i think the neoprene one has to be replaced over time? you should have bought a suzuki

psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
I did the MX-Bonz mod (aluminum) on the airbox and have been pleased with the seal. The factory foam IMHO is junk.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…