Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
With the approach of March coming I will have the new bike setting in the garage and would like to start marking my calendar for some rides with the group. I'm not looking to plan the whole year as some rides will be spur of the moment. But with everything I have going on at work, if I don't plan out some weekends and vacation time. The year will be gone and I will not have rode as much as I would like to. My local track did away with memberships and will only offer riding once weekly. Once spring gets here and they start racing it will only be on Thursday nights only. With the additional traveling I will be doing for work this year must of the time I will not get back home until late PM on Thursday nights. So, i'm going to have to drive to ride. I want to race the series at Ascot but need seat time on the bike to get ready. Jay, what tracks can we hit for practice on Sat. that would be close to us? I think Racer Edge in Baxter Springs has Sat pratice, but not sure about Ascot or Sunrise.

List of rides:

The farm, memorial day weekend. What other weekend.

The 500. Makes a long day for me with over a three hour drive, so this is not a weekly option, but I would like to ride there a few times. Maybe make a weekend or two out of it and camp.

Cooperland.

All so what SX races does everyone want to attend. Dallas and ride on Sunday, St Louis?

Ride at Merwin with Big Lou and the KC group.

Of course, Dirtweek at Cooperland

What else?

Lets discuss! :thumb:

By the way, I went to a dealership yesterday and put down a deposit on a bike... :yeehaw:

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Congrats on the down payment (I think....hahahaha...)

I might be (probably...) going to Dallas SX (April 12th), but the round 5 of the OSCS is at Hickory Ridge on the 13th....hhmmmm....not yet committed to that Series as yet though....just keeping my options open...

Last edited:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I plan on racing BJEC races this year, as well as a moto or two, whereever coach547 thinks is best.

Memorial Weekend for the farm sounds good.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
ascot does not have practice days anymore. sunset is closed until march. the track in bartlesville is open just about every weekend for practice (haven't been there yet). the farm is always cool-looking forward to it.

we need to have a ride here (pryor) at the dam (lake hudson) some time. motox757 rode there with us and had a good time. it is fairly close to you, sawblade and not too far for the others. it's nothing to write home about but it has lots of trails of every type and it has a very small tt style track for the kids and the guys that have to have a jump. it has some pretty good, rocky hill climbs too. it's not a good place to go in wet weather unless you like mud. if anyone wanted to stay over and make a two day ride, i have a vacant rent house that they could use.

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Yeah, the dam area at Pryor is fun, laid back....of course I never tried any of the hill climbs when I was there though....

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Mx 547, do they sell any damn bait at lake Hudson? Sorry, couldn't resist that one. It sounds like a good time. I do prefer moto, but any seat time beats no seat time. I just want to ride!

Justql, my local track moved to a new location. It is more open door type with man made obstacles thrown in. It also is on a hill side with off camber turns and good soft brown dirt. I've only been out there once a few weeks ago to take Sawtooth riding. It looks very safe and fun for all, even enduro riders. :)

motox 757, no payments on the new purchase. Cash on the barrel head. That way I can spent what would be payment money on riding, racing and a few new accessories. :yeehaw:

Are there any other rides I'm not aware of in the works with the other chapters that we may want to hit?

MX 547, I think it would be cool to rent a track for a day or the weekend and pull together a Hearland Spode moto ride. What do you think. Maybe hook up with Big Lou and do something at Merwin. They have some trails, so we would have a little for most riding preferences. For moto tracks only I could check with my local track, Racers Edge in Baxter Springs Kansas and Playground MX in Carthage MO. I also have a lead on Possum Hollow, I think I remember saying you raced there before in the 80's. Where else could we maybe pull this of at?

craig_enid

Mar 23, 2000
I plan on running the High Plains TSCEC circuit, this year. Try to hit the N.M. and Colo. races, instead of the Ark., Missouri races....
The 300, 500 whenever anyone will be there. Working the Golden Eagle.

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
I probably only rode 4 times last year :whiner: and it just ain't right. I'm used to riding every weekend (just for fun) so anything within 3 hrs driving and ocassional longer distance I would be interested. :thumb:

tx246

~SPONSOR~
May 8, 2001
farm, farm, i vote the farm. kid friendly and fun.

dallas sx/muenster/moto(badlands)......but come down friday night so sat isnt so insane.

lake mackenzie was awesome.

i like ascot but thats an overnight deal for me which is no big deal if we can find a track that races friday night too.

lorin, i still want to ride draper sometime this spring.

i still havent been to the 500

moab is still on my dream list

motox757

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 14, 2001
Originally posted by tx246
dallas sx/muenster/moto(badlands)......but come down friday night so sat isnt so insane.

We are thinking about getting to Dallas earlier in the week to watch practice on Friday and spend some time at the other Dallas attractions, like that go-cart track that is only a couple of miles (North?) from the Irving Stadium, my son loved those dragsters!

Originally posted by tx246
lorin, i still want to ride draper sometime this spring.

i still havent been to the 500

Is it too late to ride at draper? Gene, you have got to ride the 500...

Lorin

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 25, 1999
Draper still has most of its riding area available, but there seems to be an awful lot of road grading and dozing going on. I'm not quite sure what it spells for the future, but I dont imagine it is overly good. I rode Draper on Saturday (around 45-50 miles) and had a real good time. Gene, you should just plan a weekend to come up. Lorin.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by craig_enid
Working the Golden Eagle.

Good Boy!!! IT'll be better than ever. An added bonus will be that all workers will get a free shirt.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
This upcoming Sunday is not looking so good weather wise for riding.&nbsp; Anyone interested in just a meal on Saturday nite or Sunday afternoon.&nbsp; We could ride Sunday if the weather looks good.&nbsp; We could do JRP and Minuteman pizza Saturday or Appalachia Bay and Steer Inn(Mannford) on Sunday.&nbsp;

jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
Do ya'll ride at either of the Russellville tracks? I know the one they race at is pretty good. If you're just going riding (trails etc) no one ever mentioned White Rock.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Jboomer,
We have not talked before about the mx track in Russellville AR. For me it would be close to a 2 hour drive. MX547 would be about 3, everyone else much longer. Of course if you make it home to AR, we could see about riding there or around little rock. Ah... White Rock. I'm the closest and don't have much of a desire to go back. Of course if the group wanted to, I'm sure I would bend to the heavy load of peer pressure to ride.

justql

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I hope to go to White rock in late Feb or early March with my son. Kinda a prerun before the enduro. He needs to ride a little there before I will let him race there. Any one else up to a trip over. Maybe go over Friday evening ride Saturday then come home? Maybe we could get a local to be our tour guide.

Sawblade

Timmy Timmy Timmy!
Sep 24, 2000
Justql,
I will not have the new bike until the middle of March, so I will miss out this time. If you need a local to keep the group from finding out if they are going to have to squeal like a pig, I can make some phone calls and see if I can come up with anyone.

Ah, new bike, new bike... :aj:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
call bill eddy at kawasaki of fayetteville. tell him his arch-rival jay sent you. he will either hook you up with someone or guide you himself. he's a good guy and a good rider. justin will have someone to chase. :debil:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by KOWKATCHER
Just goes to show you really never know who is hiding in the dark

At least it is NOT Milk! :scream:

Top Bottom