Bman007

Jan 25, 2004
Hey...I have did alot of reading with regards to this subject and there's so many different variables. I live in Canada around London, Ontario. What is the recommended jetting on a stock 220 with the air box mod and running 40:1. Thanks in advance.

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Just did it.

My son's 220 is exactly the same as yours so all I did was lower the needle (raise the clip) 1 position to #2.

Another trick is if you are still fouling plugs to run a NGK BR7ES
spark plug.

Bman007

Jan 25, 2004
I haven't taken the carb apart yet. If i unscrew the top piece will everything come apart or is intact? Do i just move the clip? Thanks

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Bman007 said:
I haven't taken the carb apart yet. If i unscrew the top piece will everything come apart or is intact? Do i just move the clip? Thanks

Loosten the carb on the boot on both sides, then turn the top toward you. Unscrew the top of the carb and pullout the slide. A 6MM retainer holds the clip in the slide.

Bman007

Jan 25, 2004
Ok..so when i do that nothing should fall apart correct? It will be one piece? Then when i move the slide to #2 spot push back in and tighten. Thanks

dsndblm

Jul 12, 2003
The only tricky part of moving the clip is holding the throttle return spring out of the way when doing the removal and install. If you look in the tech tips section it shows a set of hemostats that clamp on the throttle cable and hold the spring out of the way. Get a set of the hemostats, it makes the job very easy. Jetting is different for every bike, I tried two pilots, three mains before I got mine right. It was well worth the time!

Zerotact

~SPONSOR~
Dec 10, 2002
make sure of what jets you have in your mine had a 160 main, off the showroom, stck should be a 145. made a world of diffrence

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom