RotorRooter

Jun 11, 2005
To whom may be reading this,

I used to ride Harescrambles/Enduros (3 years ago) and getting back into the sport. I left the year I was moved to the "A" class. The ol' KDX 220 was sold and a brand new (from the dealer) 2003 KX 250 is sitting in the garage. I've spent about 20 minutes on the bike and am extremely happy with the performance, BUT I'm looking at maybe changing a couple of things.

First, if I'm riding at "race pace" I have no problem with bikes engine what-so-ever. When I slow to the "fun pace" I tend to kill the bike quite often. I've never had any experience with Flywheel weights, but you think this will make a difference? Maybe an auto clutch, I've heard some talk about them.

Second, I've read some of your stuff on Carbs and the Supervalve. Have you had any experience with the KX and having the carb bored and a supervalve or rad valve installed?

R.S.B.

Rider 007

Feb 10, 2000
Welcome! :cool:

I've got the Rekluse autoclutch in 2 of my bikes and can tell you it has made a huge difference off-road. It helped so much that I took the heavy FW off one of them because the auto made it so tractable and stall proof. I'd install one before I bought a FWW and see if it takes care of any traction and stalling issues. Then get the FWW if you think you still need it.

I can't imagine needing to bore the carb (but I ride in SE woods) since this tends to give more top end power while reducing throttle response and torque off the bottom.

I've had good results over the years with Boyesen's Rad Valve and if you aren't satisfied they will refund your money. I can also tell you that their customer service has been outstanding.

:ride:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom