Macs69

Jan 10, 2004
Been away from dirt bikes for a little while, but just got another. Bike is a completely stock 2003 YZ250 2-stroke.

Would like to put another pipe/silencer combo on it. What would you recommend as far as brand and model?

Also, would like to put a case-saver type thing on, in the event that the chain comes off. What brand, and where can I get one?

Also, would it be a good idea to replace the stock air cleaner?

Thanks in advance!

robwbright

Apr 8, 2005
As to the pipe, it depends on the type of power you're looking for. Each design has its own characteristics.

You could probably have a port/polish job and head work for less $$ than the pipe and silencer, and I'm pretty sure you'd see more power gain with the porting.

Try this link for info:

http://www.ericgorr.com

Of course, porting doesn't look cool . . . ;)

adrenaline420

Feb 17, 2005
The bikes stock exhaust system is really good, and you will not notice really anything with an aftermarket pipe, but if you choose a pipe, id go with the PC platinum/R304 silencer, you will notice more over rev but not enough to excite you. I deffinatly recommend a new air filter, I went with Twin Air. I put on frame guards to protect the frame from wearing, and a skid plate to protect the crankcase from harsh stones. If you want to go fast on it, get your suspension revalved, best performance increase I think.

Top Bottom