jboomer

~SPONSOR~
Jan 5, 2002
The only thing that ever "broke" on my '01 kx250 was the oil filler plug. I kept it for over 2 years and replaced the topend once a year after accumulating well over 100 hours a season on it. Never had a problem with aligning anything up either (although the only thing I ever replaced was the pipe,chain/sprockets, tires and handlebars). I'm pretty sure the frame never cracked and the paint on the frame lasted A LOT longer than the paint on my buddies '04 YZ450 (mine still had the paint on the frame when I sold it, his wore off within an hour of riding it). I can't help but feel that you are exaggerating Kawi's quality control problems.

kdxtodd

Nov 14, 2001
Only the early perimeter frames had problems with breakage. The newer ones, probley 96-present are pretty tough. My old kdx had the old perimeter frame design, and it broke in a few places. Other than the oil filler plug tearing, there was no other major troubles. Ive stripped my 00 kx down to check for cracks, but it all looked pretty good. I only thing I can complain about is the broken bolts. My kickstarter bolt, and my sprocket bolts all broke in half. It kinda sucks when your sprocket is held on by 2 bolts when you at the track and cant do anything about it.

JeffGH

Dec 11, 2003
Has anyone experienced the engine vibration issue Dirt Rider identified in the 250cc shoot out issue recently released? They suspected it was engine mounts on the 04' CR250. Is there a fix already proposed for it? Did Honda respond to Dirt Rider's inquiry? Anyone know anything about this?

Top Bottom