Apr 1, 2007
I own an 06' crf150f and like to hit jumps with it. I weigh about 135 pounds and am 14 years old. On one ditch trail I ride to my friends house there is some nice jumps, I often try to hit them faster than i usually do but because these jumps are driveways (look like a table top sorta thing) I go past the landing ramp and sometimes it feels like I bottom out the front shocks. Ive even went down fare enough so that the skid plate is hardly over the ground. How can I avoid these hard landings(I know I could just not hit it so hard and land on the landing ramp but other than that)? And about how much air will the shocks on my bike allow me to get?

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
I think your are approaching the capabilities of that bike. It is amazlingly capable of decent speeds on trail type terrain, but it is not meant for serious jumping.

kawicam250

I bleed green!
Aug 7, 2006
pyromainiac420 said:
I own an 06' crf150f and like to hit jumps with it. I weigh about 135 pounds and am 14 years old. On one ditch trail I ride to my friends house there is some nice jumps, I often try to hit them faster than i usually do but because these jumps are driveways (look like a table top sorta thing) I go past the landing ramp and sometimes it feels like I bottom out the front shocks. Ive even went down fare enough so that the skid plate is hardly over the ground. How can I avoid these hard landings(I know I could just not hit it so hard and land on the landing ramp but other than that)? And about how much air will the shocks on my bike allow me to get?

sounds a lot like my friends old bike, a CRF100. he sold it and got a 125 because he was hitting the rev limiter in 4th-5th gear and hitting jumps far too big for his bike, it actually gave him bruises by how hard he landed, the CRF150F isnt much different.

Apr 1, 2007
Well, I drive in the ditches and theres driveways going to houses right so its sorta like a table top jump, but I wanna get more air so i hit them fast. But then I overshoot the landing ramp.

May 10, 2007
yea i had a 150f and got a 150r because i kept bottoming out the f.

i jammed my wrists a lot jumpin that thing and even more the the crf 100 before that.

the 150f is a good bike though. my dad tends to ride it cuz he doesnt do anything crazy. just curious but can you adjust the suspension on the 150f??

maybe try looking into that if you dont wanna buy a new bike

Top Bottom