2007 yz450f oil and trans fluid change

derek145

Aug 25, 2009
hi everyone im new on this thing and im still workin out the kinks so work with me here, i ercently bought a 2007 yz450f and iv moved up from the 250f to the 450f and iv taken it to the track 3 times now and its time for an oil change and i havnt got the manual or anything, and trans fluid which someone told me should b changed idk how often? and what to use fluid wise? any help would b appreciated, which bolts to pull and wht oils recomended

thanks derek

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
There is only 1 oil in the engine. This is not a CRF motor. Drain off the case, then fill to the required amount of fluid. It is just under 1 liter.

On my YZFs since the tranny and motor share the same oil, i changed them ever day I rode it at the track.

Matt90GT

May 3, 2002
Well you will get a ton of opinions. But the Amsoil 10-40 motorcycle oil. It does not break down and IS GL rated for the transmission gears. Dont know of any other motor oil that is designed for use in a transmission with the GL rating.

Grandprix168

Nov 8, 2009
I second the Amsoil...also ran Maxima, Redline and Honda HP in my CRF250 but have had best results with Amsoil. Whatever brand oil you decide to use I definitely recommend an Ester based synthetic from a reputable manufacturer.

Top Bottom