Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
No you certainly can't as the two engines are very different from each other. If you are looking for more get up and go out of your KDX and you have done all the typical mods like add a pipe etc and are looking to modify the top end your best bet will be to contact someone like Eric Gorr at Forward Motion Racing and talk to him about porting and head mods.

David

mark_england

Mar 6, 2002
thanks guys for the info.

im sure the 200 barrel will be fine, i just brought the engine, so have no idea yet how it performs.
i do know its a stan stevens engine [famous two stroke tunner here in the uk].

im building the bike for a friend,, it will be grafted into a 2000 shaped kx125, as soon as i can find one.

i know very little about the kdx engine but have been reading this forum like crazy for a week or more now.

is it worth sticking with this E2 90/91 engine or would it make a lot more sense to look for a newer motor.
the intention was to replace every bearing and seal on the E2 engine, and do a bottom end rebuild [probably new co-rod too],,is the motor worth the investment? or does it have inherent flaws?

another question [sorry i have loads]

i notice on this engine it only has a head bracket mount on the rear of the engine,,, which i will have to chop off then presumably weld a new one on the front.. is a later 200 head with the bracket on the front usable?

thanks in advance

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom