DaveD

May 2, 2002
New '01 220, with stock pipe, FMF power core 2, V-force reed cage, now looking into pipe/carb combo suggestions. I am leaning towards FMF Gnarly "desert ver"-30. I like the current bottom end, but mid-top is weak. I ride mostly New England woods, open quarry pits, and MX for fun.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Searched for input on this? You'll find plenty.

The KG30 seems to be the choice of most 220 owners. Riders that really like bottom end pull prefer the KG35.

Note that KG30=rev, KG35=torque whether for the 200 or 220 (late models). Some catalogs confuse that fact.

What will help a lot on an OEM 220 is opening up the carb from it's OEM 33mm. Include a search for 'RB carb' when you're looking around. You can get it just bored cheaper..but the RB mod is more than a bore to 36mm.

Lew

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 27, 2001
Go pro circuit. It will fit better, than the fmf and is a little less $$. I recently changed from the fmf k-30 to the pro circuit and believe it delivers a more even power distribution throughout the power band.
Lew

cudmak

Mar 23, 2001
Can somebody give the model # for the Pro Circuit Pipe? I'm looking at ordering one this week. Also, can it work fine with the stock silencer/spark arrestor?? Lastly, any jetting recommendations for running the PC Pipe, stock spark arrestor, in MN roughly 700ft above sea level. Thanks

Top Bottom