placelast

Apr 11, 2001
I've got a friend who rides SoCa desert, mountains, and now dunes. He doesn't get out much, but is itching for a new ride, a do-all bike to replace his two horses. And it has to come with lights.

He currently owns a KDX and a '95 300 e/xc. The KDX is good but limited to excelling in the mountains and twisties; the 300 to dunes and dez. He wants to sell both - the KDX 'cuz it's one-dimentional; the 300 'cuz it's an unpleasant turner and he wants something newer and easier to man-handle in the mountains. I've ridden the 300 in the mountains and do agree: it comes on a bit strong, and doesn't turn particularly well.

He wants to save some $ by buying one a few years old, but I will not recommend the early years of the PDS.

My suggestion to him will be a '01/2 250 e/xc. (A 200 is out of the question, and the 300 or 4 strokes too popular to find at bargain prices.) Do you all concur? He's oh, 5'10, maybe 5'11, 175 lbs.

B

biglou

Dang, man. I've got my MXC for sale. You can put lights on it, but the close-ratio tranny would probably kill the deal from the sound of things. :(

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
I'd agree with your choice. He'll like the 250. The front forks may need a little work, but the rear should be OK.

Top Bottom