YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
We/Ive been stolen from 2x this week at our house.

1st time was Sun night someone stole my sons POS BMX bike from under the carport (he forgot to lock it up)

Then yesterday my neighbor saw some kid riding a bike away from our house with 2 garbage bags of pop cans (returnables)

Its not that they took anything worth any real value because they didn't. But Im still pissed. 2x in one week. I called the cops last night and filed a report. Mainly because I wanted this on report in case I manage to catch this little f-wad in the act :pissed: I wasn't even going to report the stolen bike origionaly, not much the cops can do anyways, but after yesterdays little incident I decided it best to get a report in just in case.

1st its pop cans next they are breaking into the shed/house. Where does it stop? This is the 3rd time we have had my sons pedal bikes stolen over the years. Im getting a little tired of it. Either I start keeping everything under lock and key totaly out of site or start looking for a differant house.

We have 2 appartment complex's across the street which I am 99% sure is where this is coming from. My subdivision behind me is nice people. But across the street.. Not so much. The officer that came over even made it a point to mention the appartments and that they have had a lot of problems over there.

What has this world come to when every thing you own you practily have to electrify it to keep it safe....Maybe Ill run a 220 line to my kids other pedal bike to see how they like that if they try taking it :laugh:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
ah yes, lost many a gas can to the apartments across the street.

I hope they poured the one I sugared in into their ricer

Shagy100

Sep 4, 2006
at least you nod like bryan kryzanowits and gang who had there van 3 ktms and all the gear stolen from there motel room the weekend of the roselawn enduro

bruno670

Sep 13, 2006
Well Don you can always use a cheap web cam and mount it inside one of your windows and bait the little sh*t. get it recorded and turn it in to the PO PO.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
TCTrailrider said:
Quadtards?

:rotfl: :rotfl:

I needed that.

No I had a great idea for the can thief. Im going to bait them. Im gonnn head into the back yard with a bag full of aluminum cans and top them off with the juceyist dog treats I can find in the back yard. Maybe put a few in the bag. Take a big ol leak in the bag and let it simer in the sun for a few days then put it out for them to steal. Ya think they will get the point? :laugh:

Maybe put a lawn chair out to the end of the driveway and pull out the shotgun and spend a few evenings cleaning it up real good...for everyone to see. A little passive message if you will :p Digger even liked this idea :laugh:

Yea in the back of my mind is the bikes. They are all under lock and key but man if they have the balls to come in and take the kids bike and cans whats next?

fatcat216

"Don't Worry Sister"
~SPONSOR~
Dec 16, 2007
YZMAN400 said:
:rotfl: :rotfl:
Maybe put a lawn chair out to the end of the driveway and pull out the shotgun and spend a few evenings cleaning it up real good...for everyone to see. A little passive message if you will :p Digger even liked this idea :laugh:

hmm. I wonder if that would work for my neighborhood peeper? :think:

Cheater

Aug 15, 2006
A guy I work with had problems with kids stealing cans from his house. He is a die maker. He took some type of layout fluid or gel and put it on the next bag of cans. This stuff does not wash off. After it turned up missing, I believe his kids found the blue handed kid in school.

tdunn976

Aug 23, 2003
We keep everything under lock and key anymore!(except fot the quad, who'd want one?)
But still the shot gun theory does have merit, used it years ago for my neighborhood thugs and our house remained untouched for several years!

schmanman

Mi. Trail Riders
Jan 9, 2007
when I was in 6th grade, a neighbor from a mile down the road (our next door neighbor, not too many people on our road! :P) decided it would be really coll tto steal $7000 in tools from our other neighbor, and one day, while my dog was with my parents, and we were all in our rooms sleeping, he broke in, and took my parent's cell phones, and my dad's wallet and breifcase. we now have an alarm system.

my tool's and bikes are in a horsebarn, so I keep them under a hardened steel chain with links made of steel an inch in diameter, and a lock with a inch diameter (hoop thingy) on the top. they need an actyline torch to cut through the chain,. lock, or support collumn in our barn. the chain is wound through the wheels and the frame.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
My son came home from his friends a week or two ago, went into the house to put his key away and open the outer basement door to put his bicycle away and it was gone by the time he got the door open. It was gone in less than 2-3 minutes or less. I've had speakers stolen from an old truck my new trucks been vandalized. I've even had junk wheels and tires stolen :whoa: The bad thing I see from displaying the shotgun is that might give them reason enough to break into the house itself.

Steve

yzman_bad250

Feb 25, 2007
u need a guard dog. my dog scares the hell outta people good thing they dont know they would lick them to death if they ever came in. i never had anything stolen since.

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
yzman_bad250 said:
u need a guard dog. my dog scares the hell outta people good thing they dont know they would lick them to death if they ever came in. i never had anything stolen since.

We have 2 of them. A German shorthair and a black lab. Both are very vocal but are mostly bark no bite. But I pitty the fool that breaks into the house unannounced though. Outside the dogs are fairly passive. Inside the house they are very protective. They have already shown that in the past when friends show up unannounced late at night.

Ive been very carefull over the years not to "advertise" my stuff. All the bikes are worked on out of sight from the road. Washed in the back yard out of sight. Parked out of sight. So far so good.

Hopefully this was just a fluke occurance. But I am beefing up security a bit none the less.

yzman_bad250

Feb 25, 2007
yeah i hate theifs before we had dogs someone took the tire off my cr500 and stole it i had brand new tire on it the day before. i was like where the hell is my wheel? then it clicked :bang:

70 marlin

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2000
bruno670 said:
Well Don you can always use a cheap web cam and mount it inside one of your windows and bait the little sh*t. get it recorded and turn it in to the PO PO.

I was thinking a couple claymores!

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
The price for video surveillance is coming way down. I believe it is against the law to booby trap, outside the house or in it. No trespassing signs and dummy cameras may do the job. It sure seems that if its laying outside, or not locked, its open game?

YZMAN400

Dec 2, 2003
Well the can thief struck again Sat night when we were all gone......there will be no repeate ocurance. At least not after he takes the next batch of cans.

Good god I almost barfed mixing up that nightmare. Bucket of dog...crap...weted up and mixed into a nice gooy consistency. Let me tell ya I gaged big time mixing that up. Then coated a bunch of tin cans and covered them with some fresh ones then tied it up and set it out for them.

If this batch disapears Ill make up another batch and rip/sand/scrape all the UPC codes off them so they cant return them. That'll really piss them off. Maybe put a note in there with a 20ga and 30-06 shell and ask which of these they would rather pick out of there ass! (not that I would but just the threat may be enough)

bbarel

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 13, 2003
Put that concoction in a bucket above the bags and rig something up to dump it when the bag is lifted. :debil:

Top Bottom