When works best, post alternate date in threads ...

• December 4th

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • December 11th

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • December 18th

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Ugg, can we wait until January?

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Where: Ranchman's Cafe, Ponder, TX, 8 (or so) miles SW of Denton.
When: 12:30 PM
Date: December 11, 2004

UPDATE!!!!!

Lets get together on the 11th. That seems to work for most everybody. If you can make it, please come. It is a great time and there is still much of the day left for Christmas shopping.

Guys and Gals:

This has turned out to be a great gathering and we need to build on the last two years.

Plan on being there, it is not to be missed!!

Eric is the only member farther east than me and I know I am coming!!

Post your Saturday picks! We only have three to pick in December this time with Christmas on a Saturday.

Last edited:

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Any day but the 18th and I'm gonna be in Austin. Not even sure if I can make it that day. Will have to consult the schedule. Don't plan around me, I have said I was gonna make the other 2 and failed to come through... :(

*edit* after consulting the schedule I noticed something.. I can't make any of those days. Is there a chance we could do it the night of Friday Dec. 17th? There's a TORO race the 18/19 in Crafton, so that would put Jeff, Matt, and anybody else that wanted to go out of pocket. If not Friday, then yall just go ahead and do it another day.. and think about me while I'm studying. :think:

taraker

Freedom Ain't Free
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 3, 1999
Farmer John said:
Does Twinspar & Taraker go to this, or is it only open to peeps that RIDE motorcycles?

Looky, the farmer dude made a funny :nener: Isn't that cute :nener:

I've never heard of this deal, but then again Tony try's to keep these things from me.

Now that Tony has let the proverbial cat out of the bag, what's the deal on the ranch? What makes this place more suitable than any other property? Don't get me wrong, I can almost walk to Ponder, I was just wondering what makes this place so suitable for riding.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Farmer John said:
Does Twinspar & Taraker go to this, or is it only open to peeps that RIDE motorcycles?

We are a tolerant and diverse group here in Texas. We allow all kinds to share our table. In fact, if you look in the dictionary under diversity, we are the definition of diversity. We are near the end, number 19, redneck diversity, that is us!

taraker said:
I've never heard of this deal, but then again Tony try's to keep these things from me.

See first post by Mr. yzguy15. Many members showed up last year. Perhaps you missed this post through the fog of your trials with your wrist. That does not explain away the fact that I was there in 2002 on crutches and you didn’t make it! Bring the kids and come on, dang it!

taraker attempting to hijack the thread said:
Now that Tony has let the proverbial cat out of the bag, what's the deal on the ranch? What makes this place more suitable than any other property? Don't get me wrong, I can almost walk to Ponder, I was just wondering what makes this place so suitable for riding.

Ranch ... Ranchman’s Café ... What am I missing here? We are not going riding that day. It is a social gathering of the esteemed membership of the North Texas Smack Pack to wrap ourselves in the brotherhood of common pleasures, to share the bounty that is America, to eat a piece of dead cow, to partake in the holiday spirit, yada yada yada.

Now, if you are referring to my mention of the ranch in another thread, that would be a ranch of another flavor. It is a property that belongs to my cousins. I am working on trails there as we speak (OK, not actually right now, but you get the picture) and we have about 6~8 miles laid out. We are clearing paths and we continue to explore new routes. In additon there are 20 plus miles of roads. The down side is, it is not exactly open. I wish I could get everybody out there one weekend and someday in the future that might be a possibility, but right now we have to be very low key. We are using the motorcycles to burn in the trails for our mountain bikes.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
I voted the 11th, but really can go anytime (as of this moment).

If Tarpaper can make it on the 11th, I may have to change my vote. :moon: :laugh: :p :)

Time for a big steak in Ponder :yeehaw:

JMD

Jul 11, 2001
I can go just about any of those dates. I won't be riding for a while, but I'll still be able to do justice to a chicken-fried steak.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Can I go? But hey, the 4th is out for me, I'll be sitting in front of my TV watching the SOONERS spank Colorado in the Big 12 Champ. in prep. to play that gay team from SoCal. Date that works for us is the 11th.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Okiewan said:
Can I go? But hey, the 4th is out for me, I'll be sitting in front of my TV watching the SOONERS spank Colorado in the Big 12 Champ. in prep. to play that gay team from SoCal. Date that works for us is the 11th.

Then the 11th it is.

Directions: There is a Ponder exit (FM 2449) on I35W about 5~6 miles south of the intersection of I 35E and I 35W in Denton. Head west on FM 2449 to SH156. In any case you can't miss Ponder. It is on SH156 at 2449. The cafe is on the street with parking in the middle, just past the bank. We'll be in the back room.

The simple way from Dallas is straight out 114 to 156 and then head north.

Please continue to post if you are coming and we can grab enough seats.

yzguy15

Sprayin tha game
N. Texas SP
Oct 27, 2000
Well yall can just think about me takin my chem final. yuck.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Okiewan said:
I'll see if I can get the Vaughts and Billywho's to show... don't know if Billy will be in town then or not.

Great!. The more the merrier. Bring everybody, bench racing is usually at a minimum.

I hope you didn't set the date on my account though?

Nope, I pulled rank. :) It works best for me and most everybody else seems to be able to make it.

Mudd Slinger

N. Texas SP
May 5, 2004
Saturday nights are up in the air. I have been working most of them. I will have to play it by ear and will show if I can. It sounds like fun and I hate to miss a night out with this bunch.

psycho

King Rot-Gut
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2000
I should be there. I need to get out and meet some of you fellers. So plan on saving me a seat.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Mudd Slinger said:
Saturday nights are up in the air. I have been working most of them. I will have to play it by ear and will show if I can. It sounds like fun and I hate to miss a night out with this bunch.

Randy: Just want to confirm ... 30 minutes after HIGH NOON not 30 minutes after MIDNIGHT. :laugh:

TwinSpar

AssClown WannaBe
N. Texas SP
Aug 18, 1999
Count me in. I'll see if I can get pinkie flinger DeForde to go too.

hlguthery

Dec 10, 2002
Well if I am invited I would like to try to make it. Save me a seat by anyone you dont want to come next year. Just kidding I will be on my best behavior.

Top Bottom