chuckstrobeck

Jan 3, 2006
Hi,
I need some help. Im looking into getting a 450 four stroke and I was looking at the wr, yzf, and crf 's. I was wondering if a wr can be licensed for the road and what bike you would recommend. Thanks for your time and answers.

enduro racer

Jan 12, 2006
A Wr can be liscenced for the road, i recomend you get a 450 enduro, especially if you would like a registerable model. So any wr, exc or te 450 would be great fun.

attcruiser

Jan 13, 2006
help me too

guys i have a husaberg FE450 and im not happy riding with it.
i wanna know if i buy a KTM 525 will i have the same problems as i had with husaberg (cause KTM bought Husaberg)

anthonysimo

Nov 18, 2005
If you are going to get a WRF 450 you might want to consider that the new YZ has an alloy frame and that normally what comes out on the motoX version one year soon follows to the enduro model. This might make a steel framed WRF drop in value. KTM 450EXC won a big enduro bike test here in Australia and have been very popular for some time. I rode the CRF450X and thought it was great but stories of head maintenance on the CRF450R, a 5 speed box and a smallish tank turned me off.
I ended up looking at KTM 525EXC and a Husaberg 650 and the 650 won. So far no probs at all.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Sounds like Husaberg still doesn't have things figured out! I've seen more reliability issues with those bikes than can be imagined. A close friend of mine, and excellent rider, took a huge loss on one when he just "gave" it back to the dealer. In 8 months time.......... several small problems, 2 broken swingarms and a broken crank. The Husaberg's and the ATK's.........."wish I wouldn't have's."

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
anthonysimo said:
2-strokes 4-ever, have you heard of any problems with the 650 ?

Honda? They make good stuff. :cool:

anthonysimo

Nov 18, 2005
Sorry, no I meant the Husaberg 650 as I recently bought a 650 berg which rides great but I'm interested in what problems anybody has heard of. You are correct about the Honda 650, 5 years of riding and only one minor clutch problem.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Maybe Husaberg has improved on their dependability issues.............

Top Bottom