knobbiethrower

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 21, 2000
Has any fellow 520 owners know if the factory Ti exhaust offered in KTM power parts catalog is worth the $.Does it just save some#'s or is it a performance upgrade or both?How about durability?:think

trl junkie

Feb 25, 2001
I do not know about the KTM Ti pipe, but I have heard really good things about the Yoshimura Ti pipe, and Doma and Arrow (non Ti) pipes. I have been thinking about putting another silencer on my 520 (to save weight) and for a few months have started my research on options available. From what else I have learned, the FMF is not so good (minor hp improvement, major noise ) the Procircuit is pretty good (of course louder) and the Big Gun complete system rocks. Big Gun is planning on making a Dowd replica pipe, I think I might consider that when it is available. If you do, or even dont put an exhaust system on your KTM, make sure to pop some 1" holes on your airbox sidecover, and put it some filter vents--the RFSs are air starved.

dstktmusa

Jan 5, 2001
i have seen the KTM pipe and it is by far the best looking ,highest quality pipe there is.( in my opinion) it is similar to the "john dowd" pipe with it going into one right as it exits the head. it is made by Acropovic with carbon fiber silencer clamps. they (KTM) claim big improvements, but i have not tested/ridden one myself. they also offer a S.S. version

Top Bottom