400/520 ex/c green sticker in CA

jdukelow

Mar 19, 2001
Does anyone know if the KTM 400/520 e/m/xc's will be green sticker or red sticker? I've heard two reports: one that only the 520 ex/c will be green stickered, but another report from www.ktmmotorcycles.com that the 400 and 520's both will be green stickered. What is the real scoop?

Thanks in advance,

jdukelow

drz mick

Jun 2, 2001
Just out of interest.....what difference red and green stickered bikes ?
I've heard its summick to do with air quality problems in CA.

'UK Boy'!

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000

KTM has introduced a "G" model this year for the RFS four strokes (for sale in California), which is jetted lean to meet California's emmision standards. The "normal" RFS models are not green sticker legal.

jdukelow

Mar 19, 2001
HOLESHOT

You mentioned a "G" model for California for the RFS 4 strokes. Is this available on the 400 and 520, or the 520 only. And do the bikes that come to CA automatically have the "G" designation, or do I have to order special? Where does the "G" show up, is it in the VIN?

holeshot

Crazy Russian
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 25, 2000
Jdukelow:

I don't have any more detail than that, but your friendly KTM dealer should have all the information. Malcolm Smith's in Riverside is a KTM dealer.

Rod

Nov 26, 2001
drz mick

Red/green stickers have little to do with air quality problems in CA and a lot more to do with a nanny state overly influenced by fact-deficient, logic challenged 'environmental' groups. :think

On the bright side though, it is nice to have a spring, summer, and fall riding season almost rain-free... :debil:

Rod

Nov 26, 2001
Jamie

I checked with Scuderia in San Francisco. They also verified that both the 400 and 520 E models are green-sticker bikes (if they have the obligatory "G" designation, which all the CA models do have). They (Scuderia) have first-hand experience with street licensing both bikes as well.

Top Bottom