MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
Okay, I have a almost mint '74 Z50 as some of you guys may know(that I got for FREE 2 years ago). Well any ways I was ridding it this summer, later in the day when I went to re-start it, it wouldent! I messed with the carb and stuff that day and got it to run but real crappy. Would die as soon as any load was put on it and backfireing constantly :think:. I broght it home and tinkered some more. I ened up puting new rings on the pistion (piston its self still loked great so did the boor), Also re-built the carb with a kit I bought at my Honda dealer ($58 for 2 gaskets, air and throttel screws!) cleaned at the whole carb with this machein(sp?) my dad has a work (looked bran new inside and out, just MUST replace all the gaskets and anything rubber after). Put it all back together, set everything on the card to what the manuel says. Kicked it like 100 times befor there was even a sputter :(! Ajusted the carb a 'lil more. Kicked till I was outta breath (yes a lil 50cc, I don't wanna think how manny times I kicked it!) I just got a sputter every maby 10 kicks? And it wasent flodded or anything, but plug was went with gas so its getin gas. Also has spark. I tried new plugs, cleaned all wireconnections, more compression then it had when I got it and it ran like a champ! Also got new points for it, slide, needel, spring, and throttel cable over summer. I've tried everything my Dad and I culd think of! No idea what, It can't be the cold as were in the geradge(sp?) with 3 oil heaters (proly about 75-80*deg. in there once it heats up!), pluse this all started in the summer. So if ANY one has ANY ideas just say them! I'm all outta ideas what it culd be pleese help I love this 'lil bike!

MONKEYMOUSE

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2001
:think: didn't think of that at all. I have no idea when it come to thumpers so I'll have my dad look at that when he gets a chance.

Top Bottom