Nov 21, 2006
Hi everyone, I am new to this forum, and have a problem I hope someone can help with. I have a '78 Husky 250CR that I finally stole from my brother, because he left it in my shop for 20 years, and moved to TN. Anyway, the reason he parked it in the first place was that it lost spark. It's been a long time,but iremember we tried all the usual things, like a new plug,etc. It seems like I was able to get a spark by energising the coil, but I can't remember what else we did. Before I :bang: too much with this thing, maybe somebody knows about a specific problem or cure I can pursue.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

cr250mMxer

Nov 17, 2006
your magnetos may be bad try relacing the ignition on enduros its the small one but im not sure on motocross bikes my cr is my first actual dirt bike ive always had enduros and thats what was wrong with them

dales298

Mostly Useless
~SPONSOR~
Nov 25, 2003
Check the connections under the tank, make sure the coil ground to the frame is good and clean, make sure the flywheel key isn't broken. If none of that works you could price a used Ignition on evil bay or a new one here-- http://www.huskyclub.com/ . I had a '78 390OR and it was a nice bike surely worth fixing.

Dale

jason33

Oct 21, 2006
get a test light from a auto store , check the stater ,to see if there is power going to the cdi box,then check the cdi- to the coil,narrow the problem down 1 at a time
if it has points - check it the same way

Top Bottom