detox250kx

May 24, 2007
i have A 79 RM 125 and something is wrong with the carb it will not start un less pull started and even then will not stay running. i pulled the carb apart to look at the floats and jets and everything seemed to look alright i think i dont know to much about them i blew out the jets thinking that they were maybe just plugged but still nothing. the carb is getting gas because when i take it off again after ive tried to start it it has fuel in it. please let me know if anyone has any ideas thanks

Last edited:

84cr125

Apr 8, 2007
float level? reeds? compression? fouled plug?

there are so many possibilities. Give us a little more info on the bike and what you have done in the past.

Bunya

Apr 26, 2007
How much compression does it have? Are the reeds in good condition? Are the crank seals in good condition? Have you checked the plug and ignition for proper operation? What I'm getting at is there's a lot of things that will cause the symptoms you describe, not just the carb. If the carb is clean inside and the jets weren't plugged, it should be working good enough to get the bike at least running. With that old of a bike, I'd check the compression and reeds right off the bat. There's a good possiblity that it needs the top end done along with reeds.

Marc -

detox250kx

May 24, 2007
im not sure how to check the reeds...
the reason i thought that it might be the carb is that it was doing the same thing a little while ago and the problem then was one of the floats. so we tookk it apart and fixed it and it ran fine

Top Bottom