scoonhr

Feb 8, 2006
I have rebuilt a 82 yz250, and lost the bearing for the clutch. I used a small piece of metal that might be bigger then the ball. How ever I don't think that is my problem. My problem is that I can not get the clutch to disengage. It has a new cable and plenty of pull on the stroke. Also when it is running and I pull in the clutch, try to shift into first I feel it tapping on the push lever assy. Is there something that I am missing with that.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

TimberPig

Jan 19, 2006
Tear it back apart, and get the correct bearing for the clutch. While you are in there, you can inspect the clutch basket and hub for grooving of the fingers, which will lead to difficulties with disengaging the clutch. It sounds like there is wear in there, and some of the clutch parts need some attention. A makeshift bearing will only make this worse.

scoonhr

Feb 8, 2006
I tore it down again and put in a steel ball that I belive to be the right one. Do you know how big that ball should be? The clutch still sticks though. How long should the clutch stroke be? It looks to me that it has enough of a stroke but it still sticking. I don't have any more room in the cable for adjusting it. Also i noticed on the basket that on the side post there is light groves from where the plates have hit.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom