Rouse5369

Mar 3, 2005
i bought this bike used, the end cap on tail pipe was screwed on, of course these keep vibrating loose. so ive got some rivets now and some new packing, i only remember having the packing inside , no tube with holes in it to wrap the packing around then insert, i only seen packing. Does anybody know if all that goes in there is the packing or do i need to try and find a a tube to wrap the packing around before i rivet it shut.

kuritaro9

Nov 7, 2004
the holes might be a little further down the silencer. you will prob. have to take off the whole cannister to see them. if they are plugged up, take some solvent and a wire brush to clean them out...then repack it... :cool:

Rouse5369

Mar 3, 2005
Okay i took a flash light i can see old packing and tube with holes in it, now does this peice just lift out or do i have to take something else apart?

kuritaro9

Nov 7, 2004
on the opposite end of the silencer should be some more rivets. drill those out, and you should be able to slide the canister off. :cool:

Reesknight

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2002
I had an '89 CR250. You should just have to take the screws out of one side and then pull the canister off. You may need to tap it with a mallet to get it to break lose.

Top Bottom