9 Days Of Jawbone Thank and Spank

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
It all starts this weekend!!!!!

Nine glorious days of fun including goon riding, spode demonstrations, fire jumping, vulture observation training, hill climbing, cliff descending, trail riding, drag racing, friend roosting and possibly some other things we can't even discuss here.

Don't be afraid you'll get punished - BE VERY AFRAID!

But seriously, it's not just for the hard core idiots, we will have many different skill levels and multiple ride groups, including total beginner, near spode, and "I'm not wrecking my bike!!" riding levels.

Personally I expect to take a couple of days without any riding just to watch the people playing on The Wall opposite camp.

Bring everything you will need - there are no amenities.

KTM and Honda bike shops are only 20 miles away and so are motels, restaurants and supermarkets for those foolish enough to think that it's ONLY about riding and not about sitting around the fire at night.

How to get there - these mileages are from my truck so I can only guarantee the one at Autozone is accurate :confused:

From the north end of Mojave at the Autozone 14/58 highway split zero your trip meter.

Take highway 14 north towards Mammoth/Reno

At mile 18.25 turn left at Jawbone Canyon.

Continue past the cattle crossing at mile 22.1 where the road turns to dirt.

At mile 22.7 turn right on to SC176, go across the wash and at mile 22.8 veer left - there is a sign saying SC176 goes straight.

At 22.95 which is basically the first available turn veer right so that the closest hills (colored blue if you are arriving in daylight) are on your left.

Follow around the base of the hill until our camp which is at mile 23.1.

Look for white F150 with US flag flying on left hand side and DRN sticker in rear window, green flatbed Dodge with "Gemini Concrete Pumping" on door.

Everyone is welcome. Bring firewood and anything else you need/want to consume.

endoquest

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 4, 2000
A dozen of us (Northwesterners) are leaving Friday morning at 4 (yes 4AM) and will be there by Friday night (The 16th). Bonehead, Cornfed, geoff and Rapids will be among us. The "extra stoopid squad" has some very exciting activities planned, including lots of riding! Hope to see you there!

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Blue, green whatever - like you don't know how to get there! When are you coming out?

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Sounds like a lot of fun! Too short of notice for me though. Plus I can't see buying an "Out of state users permit" that will only be good until the end of Dec. But I am planning on getting one at the beginning of the year.

I plan on making a few trips over there to ride with some of you gentlmen through out the year.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
ST! Too short notice - lame!!! We've been touting this torturefest for months! The out of state sticker is good until Dec 2002, costs $20. Call in sick and get your butt down here!

The OR guys left this morning at 4am, their drive is "only" 16 hours, the WA guys had already driven 8 hours before they joined the convoy from Eugene.

If you can't make it now, I'm available later just about any weekend. Spot in my trailer for you (and the missus too).

dirtjunkie

~SPONSOR~
Mar 1, 2001
Jawbone Thank and Spank

See ya'll Thursday morning... Be at Cal City this weekend, my friends are testing their ProTruck:scream:
I'm sprung, gotta have it, need for speed!

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Originally posted by Kiwi Bird
ST! Too short notice - lame!!! We've been touting this torturefest for months! The out of state sticker is good until Dec 2002, costs $20. Call in sick and get your butt down here!

How the heck did I miss it!!

Are you sure about the sticker? I've heard they're only good for the year you buy it. And if you bought it in the middle of Dec. it would only be good until the end, with no pro rating. I guess I got some bad info huh!

If you can't make it now, I'm available later just about any weekend. Spot in my trailer for you (and the missus too).

Thanks. I WILL take you up on that offer soon!

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
Yup, single track in Reno. Actually I'm going to talk to some buddies up there, that Strick might know, about doing one day at another place where there was a National race (qualifier?). Might stay through Monday for 3 days riding.

ST - just got my out of state sticker last weekend so I know it's good till 2002. If you are wondering why I have I have an OOS sticker, it's because I am still waiting (since 01/01) for my AF paperwork - some big SNAFU with Honda and Service Honda.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
FJ - not sure what's it's called but Mouthy says it's got some great trail in it - definitely for the more advanced riders.

KiwiBird

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 30, 2000
I ride with Dopey, Bonehead, Cornfed, The Squid, The Worm, The Snake, The Terrorist and you're surprised by The Mouth? Now when I get dating advice from The Needle(richard) you should be worried.

singletracker500

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 24, 1999
Originally posted by Kiwi Bird
not sure what's it's called but Mouthy says it's got some great trail in it - definitely for the more advanced riders.

I don't guess I'm all that advanced. But I do enjoy some technical singletrack!!

the Eel

~SPONSOR~
Sep 23, 2000
My gears seized up this Saturday ... probably won't make it. :(

thumbs

Tony 'da Rat
Oct 16, 2000
I'm out. :( :(

It looks like I'll be the only child of 5 to be home for Thanksgiving. I can't let mom be home alone on a holiday.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Kiwi, endo. Had hoped to make the Jawbone thank and spank this year. Unfortunately, I have some family commitments to attend to. May sneak out to Stoddard Wells with some friends for a day, but, that is about as far as I will get.

Anxiously awaiting a carnage, I mean, ride report.;)

Top Bottom