'92-'94 husky 360 wxc/cr

bultokid

Jun 23, 2000
looking at picking up 92-94 360 need advice as not up to speed on the later model huskies. all i do is mx,mainly vintage and evo type racing, but use the newer bikes to stay in shape and practice. looking at some husky web sites w/model #'s doesn't appear that they made a cr in that time frame,or did they,or is the wmx the motocross version? how do they hold up,any big issues, and the biggie-parts availability. im 6'2" 220 if that helps.thanks for your input

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
Much Power . The SHOWA fork& shock is better than the later model MZs. The kickstarters are really high up on the bike which is not much trouble for you since you are tall . The bike is sort of hard to start since its tall andhigh kicker. The piston kit from HUSKY is expensive but WISECO can and has made pistons for this bike . The stock pipe is heavy (dual layer steel ) If you put a P/C or FMF the thing rips. THey run smoother start easier with thick base gaskets . A flywheel weight is a good investment . These were pretty good strong bikes if you are big & strong.

Guaryzzzpode

Feb 25, 2000
That thing was like riding on a rail. It is very stable at speed. The motor was very powerfull and the bike is bulletproof. Well, almost. You have to keep and eye on the refrigeration rubber tubes.
They did make a 360 CR (I've ridden one) but it's too peaky and the forks are too harsh. I would take the WXE (called WR here) even for MX.

SFO

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 16, 2001
I would check rod availability and price.
I remember these things shook a little bit too.

KTM/MAICO

Dec 4, 2000
Rhett, My 94 360WR was a strong runner. To make it fast in those days you added a FMF pipe and silencer and a Keihn flatslide carb. If I remember right the seat doubled as a two by four cause it was so hard it made you want to spend a lot of time standing on the pegs. If I can remember correctly, there were some slight improvements making the 94 model better than the previous two years versions.

Years ago, I teamed up with a friend named Rhett on his 250 Kawasaki and we did hare and hound team riding up in Michigan.

Nowadays, I ride a 2001 KTM 520EXC and 1983 Maico 490 in the Florida FTR hare scrambles series.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…