93 kdx 200 wont start

billbanshee

Mar 7, 2003
i just got a 93 kdx 200 not running thought it just needed the carb cleaned i guess ther is something else wrong anyone have any ideas its got spark fresh fuel cleaned air filter and carb seemed like it wanted to go when push started?

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
>> "seemed like it wanted to go when push started?"

How's the compression? Don't go by "it feels good when I kick it". Get a compression tester.

A typical sign of a worn top end is a bike that will only start by a push start.

tedkxkdx

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 6, 2003
test your magneto with a multimeter. It can be bad and u will still have spark. Don't go through the pain I did. Read your kdx service manual for the test.

HOTRODKY428

Oct 24, 2002
OK A QUICK HILBILLY WAY TO START A CRANKY 2 STROKE. PUT IT IN A HIGHER GEAR AND ROCK IT BACK AND FORTH, BUT IF ITS THE FIRST TIME IF IT HAS BEEN SITTING LONG. SQUIRT SOME PRE MIXED GAS THROUGH THE SPARK PLUG HOLE, TURN IT OVER BY HAD 3 TIMES REPLACE THE PLUG, IT SHOULD HIT OFF. IF NOT I HAVE SEEN PLUGS THAT WOULD FIRE BUT NOT UNDER COMPRESSION...IF YOU DONT GET IT TO FIRE, THEN YOU HAVE PROBLEMS.

agitt73

~SPONSOR~
May 11, 2000
on winners take all you need a buddy to kick the side of the bike while
you are trying to start it (ps pull the silencer off and try starting it may be clogged)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…