J.Barnoo

Feb 13, 2003
I just picked up my second KDX but this one has inverted forks. I didn't know they came that way, except the guy I bought it from was the origanal owner and he said they did for a couple of yours.

Does anyone have any input on this, good or bad, and why did Kawi go back to the standard fork? Thanks...JB

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
the inverted forks are i belive from the years 89 to 94. I dont know why they went back to standard forks, but inverted's are better.

Canadian Dave

Super Power AssClown
Apr 28, 1999
Inverted forks were used on the 1993 and 1994 KDX200s. Internally they are almost exactly the same as the 95+ conventional forks so the action likely isn't any better. They will however flex less and won't hang up in ruts as easily given there is very little under hang below the axel.

Be happy they are better than the pre 93 forks and at least on par with the 95+ forks.

David

John Harris

Apr 15, 2002
I had a 94 KDX and never did like the forks. Never did get them right! I did not like the exposed lower units and the guards for same were always wearing or tearing. Conventional forks like me better and are less maintenance problems.

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
I like them, but they are too soft. I will most defintiely re-spring/valve them for this season!! They seem like the valving is better than the previous USU forks, but still need improvement for any higher paced riding. Not sure why they went back though...Probably due to the mentioned durability of the USU fork. They should've just used KX forks on the newer gen! We would eb happier, and Kawi would have to make one less fork.

DaveRS575

Sponsoring Member
Aug 15, 2002
I like them too, so far. I also like that they are self cleaning, and don't require a shock boot. As for performance, my buddy's 90' (regular setup)seems to perform just as well (if not better). I have been surprised at how well the inverted shocks eat up rocks and trees in the woods, my experience with whoops has not been as pleasant.I don't even feel a 8" belgium block in my local parking lot. I'm 207 lbs though...

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom