94formy

Mar 13, 2006
I've been looking through Rocky Mountain atv/mc and Dennis Kirk and they don't have any handle bars listed for a 93 RM 250. Will any 7/8" bar work? What is the measurements of the stock bars? Thanks

Josh

Matt Fisher

Apr 17, 2002
Any 7/8 bar will fit right on there. Be forewarned, when you try to remove the stock grip from the throttle tube, it won't come off without being cut off.

As for the stock dimensions, all I can say is they're shorter and have more pullback than Windham bend bars, which is what I went with on the 92 RM250 I had.

94formy

Mar 13, 2006
Did you like those bars better than the stock ones? Also what does it take to remove the throttle tube from the bar? I haven't tore into it yet jsut looking to get an idea as to what to expect.

Matt Fisher

Apr 17, 2002
I moved to 1 1/8" Pro Taper bars, and really liked them. They felt a bit odd at first, especially when sitting down, but once I put a little time on them I loved them. They have very little pullback and are somewhat tall, so they favor riders that stand and keep their elbows up.

The Windham bars came with a set of mounts off a CRF450, and I had to do some minor juggling of rubber cones and bolts to make it fit. I may have done some minor drilling inside the rubber cones in order to make everything fit, but don't remember for sure. Really wasn't a big deal though. If you go with regular 7/8" bars, there's no cone/bolt juggling needed, just bolt em' up.

I think that with the throttle tube I just used a razorblade and cut the grip off, then used a wire wheel to do the final clean up. Not as easy as if the grip hadn't been bonded to the throttle tube, but also nothing to worry about. Just don't plan on swapping bars and grips in 5 minutes, that's all. To remove the throttle assembly, there should be 2 phillips screws holding the throttle on, if memory serves me correctly.

Top Bottom