endurotuff

Nov 8, 2004
Could someone tell me the differences between a '94 KDX 200 and a '95 besides the obvious tank ans shrouds? Will the tank and shrouds of a '95 fit a '94?

Thanks,

paab

Aug 31, 2006
The powervalve set-up is different. The newer bikes have a guillotine type valve and the older ones a rotary type. From what I understand the older style is prone to breaking. I just replaced two broken valves on my 91.

The frame is also different, and though I'm not sure, I can't imagine the tanks interchanging.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
Pretty much everything is different. Check out www.buykawasaki.com to see the differences by comparing the parts diagrams.

The tank and shrouds won't fit. The last style (1995 - 2006 in the USA) had a perimeter frame and the 1989 - 1994 style had a single top tube.

larosche

Apr 20, 2000
The 94 model had upside down forks. Much better than the 95 and up. However the footpegs were too low. The motor from the 94 made more power but was heavier a 10 pounds.

endurotuff

Nov 8, 2004
I used to own a GG 300 but it was way too powerful for me. I found myself fighting it on the trail and by the end of the day I was pooped. I sold that one (baby needed new shoes,)Someone is offering me a '94 KDX 200 and I was wondering if I could make it look a little more modern. I wonder how difficult and/or unsafe it would be to "customize" it to use the '95 tank,shrouds and I guess seat. :bang:

m0rie

Nov 18, 2002
endurotuff said:
I used to own a GG 300 but it was way too powerful for me. I found myself fighting it on the trail and by the end of the day I was pooped. I sold that one (baby needed new shoes,)Someone is offering me a '94 KDX 200 and I was wondering if I could make it look a little more modern. I wonder how difficult and/or unsafe it would be to "customize" it to use the '95 tank,shrouds and I guess seat. :bang:

Not a chance. The frame difference alone makes the tank fit not an option.

glad2ride

Jul 4, 2005
The 1994 model has a single top tube, with a traditional style tank with a saddle. The 1995 and newer models (and the 1991 - 1994 KDX250's) have a perimeter style frame with one support bar going down the left and one going down the right. A portion of the tank fits down inside the two bars. If you look on Google images, bikepics.com, e-Bay auctions, etc., you will see the differences.

endurotuff

Nov 8, 2004
Well gentlemen, thank you all for your input. I guess I will desist of this idea.

Top Bottom