94 WR(YZ)250 Clutch Help

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Hi All.  I just did a top end on this bike and removed the clutch cable to do so.  I went ahead and installed a motion pro terminator cable.  My problem is after reassembly I have no clutch action.  I can pull the cable in--the acutator moves--and stays in.  It's almost like I lost a return spring, but there was never one on there, and the microfische doesn't show one. 

At any rate, any ideas?  What causes the clutch return/resistance on this clutch?  I'm going to tear it down, but would rather not as I don't think the problem is inside...

THANKS!

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
I had to put a nylon spacer between the case and the end of the clutch cable on my 97 yz after using the MP cable. Mine is about 3/8" long.

The spacer goes right against the cable end where it touches the plastic case. It was almost as if the outside cable sheath was too short.

jmics19067

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 22, 2002
My terminator cable came with a brass ferrule that slipped over the engine side end. Fit just about perfectly on my 94yz

fuzzy

~SPONSOR~
Jul 26, 2002
Duh. I'm a dumbass. After the full teardown, etc I found that ferrule on the bench (Whas is this?) and put it in 'misc parts' bin. LOL. Thanks for pulling my head out of my rear--it works fine now!

-Fuzzy

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…