spoder

Nov 14, 2001
:p Hi guys been lurking here a long time never really posted much. Anyways i recently bought a 95 cr 250 in surpriseingly good mechanical condition for 850.00 the bike runs very strong but seems to have some jetting issues. Im not sure if the factory brass is still in it or not as I have not checked nor have I bought a manuel yet. It doesnt run clean at all down low but once it hits midrange its a missile! I tried playing with the neddle and the pilot but it didnt seem to help much, so now im comeing to the experts. Do any of you guys remember what brass you ran in these? Was this problem a common trait with these bikes? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

OriginalRider

Nov 23, 2008
First off it's not even old.Try cleaning your air filter and get a new spark plug see how she runs.What do you mean by brass?This is no air cooled bike these use aluminum cylinders air cooled uses brass or iron cylinder

spoder

Nov 14, 2001
Yep put a new air filter and plug in it right off the bat. I have had several two stroke bikes before and am aware of the regular stuff you have to do but was unsure if this was a common problem with these particular model years or not. By brass im refering to stock jets. Any help greatly appreciated, thanks.

spoder

Nov 14, 2001
The plug was black sooty definantly rich. It just doesnt run clean at all till it hits midrange, once it does she cleans out and runs like a beast. I was very surprised I think it runs stronger than my 02 that I used to have. Ill take off the carb and check to see whats in there soon as I can. thanks for the info.

Top Bottom