droopie69

Aug 19, 2002
I picked up a used 200 that has a shot rear shock. When I took it apart to rebuild it and put a 5.4 lb spring on it. The shaft has a spot worn off the chrome and may actually be tweaked (bent) a hair. I am looking for a more affordable option and was wondering if any other bike's shocks would fit so I could just revalve, respring and ride this weekend. I can't find a KDX shock on ****, but see several KX shocks.

Thanks,

Drew

captbly99

May 30, 2005
Just call him, much faster and usually he answers the phone or his Mom if he is out of town racing. He is a SUPER nice guy. I usually try to be fast on the phone with him and not take up alot of his time. Have questions written down if you need to ask stuff.

droopie69

Aug 19, 2002
captbly99 said:
Just call him, much faster and usually he answers the phone or his Mom if he is out of town racing. He is a SUPER nice guy. I usually try to be fast on the phone with him and not take up alot of his time. Have questions written down if you need to ask stuff.

I called him and he's rebuilding one for me. He is a nice guy. Definately have his site bookmarked for future reference.

Jeff recommended a 5.2 spring. I guess it depends if I am serious about getting shape and back down below 220 or stay at 235 like now.

droopie69

Aug 19, 2002
KDX Shock

Update:

I contacted Fredette and he rebuillt a shock for me and overnighted it. I had my local source get me a 5.4 kg spring. All I can say is WOW. Got to ride and the shock was great. Now the rider needs to step up and learn to ride! :whoa:

So the rider is taking Friday off and going riding all day to try and get better!

Top Bottom