MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
Anybody have jetting recommedations for a 98 KX250? I'm currently running stock with the exception of raising the needle clip to the#2 position. I've heard that some folks richen the main jet from 158 to 160. Any feedback would be appreciated. When my bike gets really hot, it acts a little lean.

afm_722

Apr 24, 2000
That bike is pretty spot on from the factory. Be sure you have the stock needle in there (NOZG) and test clip positions between 2 or 3 from the top. I'd go with the 160 main jet if you're running pump gas.

Just for kicks try retarding the ignition. It'll smooth the bottom out and give your bike an easier to manage midrange and better top end. (plus it'll run a little cooler for longer).

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
Thanks a million for the feedback. I do run pump gas and will try the 160 main. On another note, I noticed from your profile that you run a KX310. How do you like this motor for MX? Is throttle control an issue or does it make your bike easier to ride?

Thanks again.

afm_722

Apr 24, 2000
The motor's extremely versatile. If you want instant wheelspin it's there in any gear. Just be prepared to hold on.

If you want to lug it, it's there. Overall, there's a process of adapting and fine tuning but once you get it dialed for your tastes, it's amazing. Plus, Eric does an outstanding job for an outstanding value.

The most fun I have with it is the starts. When I get the thing hooked up, I've pulled some outrageous holeshots this year. The kind where all you can hear (while still on the throttle) going into the first corner is your bike. Looking forward to holeshotting those 450's! :)

Top Bottom