spl170_btc

May 21, 2000
Ok, its time for some major work to be done on my 99 CR250. I took it down to Sand Lakes OR a few weeks ago and ended up sucking in some sand and it destroyed my bottom end and chewed up the head cap pretty good so I am looking at a total motor job. From what I have read Eric Gorr is the guy to do this but would from what I understand he does not deal with the bottom end, only the top right? I am looking to maybe have a big bore job done, how far can I go with the 99 CR 250? And what are the cons? And if anyone has had this done what did the top end work cost from Gorr?

Thanks,
Brad

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Eric does complete engines these days. If you call him he can give you the specifics.

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by spl170_btc
I understand he does not deal with the bottom end, only the top right? I am looking to maybe have a big bore job done, how far can I go with the 99 CR 250? And what are the cons? And if anyone has had this done what did the top end work cost from Gorr?

Thanks,
Brad

You can check out erics' site he has an order form and pricing ready to go. Your cylinder is non-borable so sleeveing is the only option besides getting a new cylinder. If you are in a hurry for this riding season, you can send the motor to me and if the cylinder needs sleeving we can send it to LA Sleeve. They are very reputable and do good work and the also do porting. List price on a new crank is 279.89. If you need a sleeve installed and a new top end with all gaskets you are looking at $900-$1000 with maybee some shipping costs.

Big Bore options are:(Stock size is 66.4mm) 68.50-69.00 mm(wiseco) this of course requires re-sleeving and a head mod.

endosports

Jan 10, 2002
Originally posted by Senior KX Rider

I don't think Eric sleeves any bigbores. He bores them and re-plates them

Cylinder sleeving required for oversizes is done by LA Sleeve(of course it would have to be bored first). I am offering to handle all of the work. I realize Eric is setting up his new shop and his services are on hold. I am familiar with this after just having to move my location but I am now up and running in the new shop and looking for a good Box van to keep up the track support. Thanks for the heads up.

DEANSFASTWAY

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 16, 2002
I talked to Eric the other day and I think hes got a 080 over cyl around the shop . Maybe by the time you remove the motor and shop to him hell be ready to work it. I think you should go with the plated cyl . I would . I get many of them replated for my shop also .But Im not soliciting Erics site. Hell be back up to speed in a short time ,.

Top Bottom