Stab

Sep 29, 2001
I'm in the market for a 300 EXC. I'm finding fine examples of '99 and '00 models. The forks are the biggest obvious differences. Is there any thing else I should know between the two? Is the inverted fork worth $600-$800 more for the same bike otherwise?
Gearing the same?

Strick

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 8, 1999
What type of riding? I love the 50mm WP. I waited until KTM introduced the 48mms to purchase a new bike. I skipped the 43's altogether. There are a lot of riders who are very pleased with the 43's. I just never rode a newer KTM where the forks were comforatable for me.

Gearing is the same.

Condition would be the biggest factor for me, aside from price.

Stab

Sep 29, 2001
I ride mostly woods with open country of a few enduros a year.
Our woods have some rocky areas though.

Gardener

Jul 28, 2000
My friend has a '99 300 EXC I have a 2000. His fork has much better intial plusheness and equal or better resistance to bottoming. His fork is stock, mine has .42s and I'll likely get some .44s as I'm still not happy with my fork. In defence of the 43s I rode a 520 last fall with .46s and a revalve, it too was awsome. Tough choice, 300s have a great engine.

lawman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 20, 1999
i have an '00 200, 1st year of the usd 43. stock, i hated the fork (shock too). figure on a revalve if you buy an '00 with the stock fork, for anything besides casual trail riding. even revalved, the usd will be harsher on small bumps & at very low speeds, it seems to have more stiction. but it does flex less & once set up will absorb just about any bump you can ride over.

Stab

Sep 29, 2001
What a bike!

I bought the '99!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awsome bike, love the power curve!

Seems to feel better to me than my Buds '00 380.

Did I mention it's an awsome bike!! :scream:

Last edited:

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom