A day of reflection for no good reason

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
every now and then I fire up the search engine and look up my old threads and posts on DRN. Today was one of those days :)

I can't seem to get quite back to my first posts, but I can certainly see a goodly chunk of the last 10 years of my life chronicled in the pages of this forum.

I've met people from (quite literally) all over the world
I've ridden in some amazing place with equally amazing people
I've rubbed elbows with some of dirtbiking's icons
I've raised children
watched one get married
watched one go into the military not once, but now twice
I've frozen beer on my back porch
I've mourned the loss of my pets
I've celebrated the additions of new pets
I've argued the merits of spring rates
I've challenged people who post crap
I've consoled friends through their losses
I've championed those with a good cause
I've grown as a person
I've shared with my friends
sometimes I've even listened to my enemies.
I've learned what a swamp donkey is
I've hosted DRNers in my home
I've been put up in DRNers homes

I've gotten waaay more out of this site than I'll ever be able to give back or repay.

Thank you all for playing your part in my life day by day.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
same here, but nobody's been to my house yet. The unabomber shack out back is still reserved for Rooster, though. Not sure if his blushing bride will want to stay out there with him, though.

Those I've met, I'm glad to know ye. Those I haven't, I'll reserve judgement ;)

Not sure what my interwebs experience would be like had I never found this place.

Thanks all.

your pal

pred.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
You two should get a room.

A really big room.

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I was thinking the same thing Pat... Can they even fit in a room together??

But seriously.. I've only been hanging around here for about 4 years now, but it's been pretty cool..

Met a lot of people I otherwise would have never known and most of them seem somewhat sane!

Here's to another 4 years of pissing off the newbies. ;)

Uchytil

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 29, 2003
This site...

This site is the one that I visit everyday that I can. I started here in 2001 under a different name, switched providers, started again under another name, changed that and stayed Uchytil. I've seen my boys grad HS, go through college, and move into careers, my daughter go through college, get married, and have a baby, and I've went from old and slow to older, slower, and such. Lots of names have come and gone but I still stick around when it gets sleepy in here. I even made time to be here when I was in Iraq for a year. Ok, enough sentiment...who's going to RedBudddddddd!!!!!! (on my birthday no less).

KelvinKDX

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 25, 2000
Every now and then i get on here thinking i will post some poetic piece ... but then i read a post like PK's and think nah - someone else will do it better.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Ahh for the pleasure of a dirtweek, or even a 3 day. Uchytil, if I have to sneak through the grape vines, RED BUDDDDD it is! 2 days on the pro track. Vintage Bob

SVTMc-G

Apr 1, 2006
I havent met a single one of of ya. Here's to the day I can have a beer with fellow dirtbike nuts and do some riding! :yeehaw:

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Ah yes, many friends and find memories hatched here. I've even got to hang out at PK's house (though RI swelled that day to accomodate the two of us), ride with him, and shoot with him!

Top Bottom