Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I've see alot of posts about what you have regrets about not doing at Dirtweek this year. I would rather dwell on the positive aspects of the week so here it goes.

Papa's list of accomplishments, and firsts from DW2K2
  • I saw an oil pump in real life for the first time
  • I saw a real live dead Armadillo
  • Saw a rattlesnake in the wild
  • picked up my first "W" in my grudge match against BigLou
  • I made three laps at speed without passing out!
  • The spode wash- showering daily made the week that much better!
  • I got to ride a Cannondale
  • I reaffirmed my belief that people are good
  • Got pantsed :eek: I've been on the other side of it before, it must've been my turn.
  • I got to meet about 100 new people. I hope I can remeber all of you for next year
  • I got my tire changed without me having to do it
  • I showed up at DW with my riding gear and my clothes, and never wanted for food or a place to rest my head
  • I got to be in the group photo
  • I stayed up late on Thursday night
  • I got to listen to Denise as she told her story about meeting Guy Cooper
  • I improved my riding skills
  • I made it home safe
To everyone who made my week what it was, Thank you
Thank you Lorin, for shuffling me to and from the airport. And, for providing me with a tent and sleeping bag for the week. I hope you make it up here for the Nationals.
Natalie, you amaze me. I think that you knew everyone there by the second day. Thank you for taking such great pictures. Last year I came home with 4 rolls of film still in the canisters.
Thank you Sarge for making me laugh like I haven't laughed in years!
TXbigguy- you may be tiny, but damn man, you can cook! I'll be needing that pulled brisket recipe.
Brownie- You rule!
Okie, his clan and anyone else involved- You have made an incredible impact upon my life. You may “poo-poo” this notion, but you had the vision and the drive to make DW happen. Thank you all.

If I have to have a regret, it’s that I waited so long to sign up this year. It’s a mistake that wont happen again.

Keith

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
positives.......

I got to try out a few peoples bikes.....Treejumpers brand spankin new YZ 450F, Knarlykaw's KDX220R, and Wideratio's WR426. I'm sure I coulda tried out lots of others if I'd of had time. It was great to be able to compare the new 4 strokes and the "proported" best woods bike around.

Met some old friends from last years DW.

Made a few new friends this year.

Got to experience a GREAT facility that hosted DW this year.

Oh yea.....I got engaged while there too. (circumstances didn't work out for the public proposal during the awards ceremony that I had planned)

GETMETOCA

Can't Wait For Tuesdays
Mar 17, 2002
Papakieth!! I am so glad to have met you and glad that you made up your mind to go to DW!! I'm sorry I missed you to get my hug good-bye so you better be at DW next year!!

Hogwylde - Ya know, I was just thinking about this proposal business and if you chickened out!!! glad it worked out!!

Crispy

Boss's Lil' Sis
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 12, 2001
Hogwylde - Congrats!! I knew I remember someone saying they were going to propose during DW!!! I am sure it was memorable, no matter how many people heard it!!! Best of luck to you both!!!

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by gospeedracer
I got so see Jeff Allen chased down, scooped up, turned upside down and shaken by Papakeith!! ;)

Well Aimee, that didn't cure his snoring any that's for sure! :think: I swore each morning I would see a big gaping hole in the side of the RV where he inhaled a portion of the wall.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Hogwylde, What happened? I was expecting to hear from you Sat night.

Hogwylde

Aug 1, 2001
Originally posted by Okie
Hogwylde, What happened? I was expecting to hear from you Sat night.

Well, momma wasn't having quite the exciting time that I was. The RV we borrowed didn't have a working shower, the fridge barely worked, she got insect bitten a few times working the poker run,the heat was getting to her, and I think she was getting alittle homesick after spending 4 hours visiting with her mothers childhood friend in Stillwater tuesday.
She suspected that I was gonna pop the question and said she'd prefer that if I was gonna propose, that it be a quite, intimate thing just between us.

I asked her friday afternoon after the team harescramble.

She said "yes" by the way. :yeehaw:

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
You bet I want the hi res version of that one, and any others you may have. I'll send you my work email address. No file size restrictions :)

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
Originally posted by Papakeith
[*]I saw an oil pump in real life for the first time
[*]I saw a real live dead Armadillo
[*]Saw a rattlesnake in the wild

You are joking about those right?? :p I assume by oil pump you mean the pump jacks?? I thought every state had one running on its state capital. I prefer to call them metal millk cows.

Rattlesnake??? I thought it was a Copperhead? ;)

Hey i finally got to see an elk in the wild. Boy did that thing have a smell.

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Not joking at all. I dunno what the real name of those oil pumps are. They were big, black spun what looked like a big weight round -n- round and pushed and pulled a cable into the ground.
The armadillo I think everybody saw. I've never seen a living live one, but a live dead one was close enough for now.:confused:
Tha copperhead was what they saw after the Bombfire. The rattlesnake is what I saw (read ran over) on my first lap of the harescramble.
Gimme a break will ya? I just made it off the East Coast Last year! :) I'd say I'm getting better at this travelling thing.

KTMKyd

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 20, 2001
lol, Don't let Elk know that there's rattlesnakes out there.... he screamed like a little girl when he heard about the copperhead....

Papa, it was grea to meet you, you are now one of my fav DRN guys, along with basically all of the Schmeckle Gang and then some :)

Jeff Allen

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 23, 1999
There was a brief instance when I thought my DW was going to come to an abrut end :eek: Thanks PK for not killing me ;)
Next time I'll wait till ELK has that bull nelson completed before I do it again. :p

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Thanks!;)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Now that I'm clear across the country, BLAH BLAH BLAH, neener neener, can't catch me pantless boy! :):) Can you feel the love?

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
Elk,Elk, Elk. . .
Did I tell you the story about how some relatives of mine from the midwest sent us a tarantula in a ziplock bag. The bag was filled with raid in hopes of killing the beast. No dice. It was alive and kicking(not to mention pissed) 5 days later when it arrived at our doorstep.
:think: I'd hate to see something similar happen to you.
Play nice now. :p

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Papa... all you have to do is mail the guy a leaf, those make him jump out of his shoes too LOL! Elk gets the prize; I've never seen anyone so afraid of insects. Needless to say, Thump and I had a lot of fun with the Cali boys on Saturday (prior to DW). Elk and Billy were just a little uptight about the wildlife! To see elk running thru the pits ripping his shirt off and screaming like a school girl was PRICELESS!

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Listen up ther Okie, toss a bag of chips, Mulligan! You were pretty jumpy too when that dinosaur bug made its way towards you!:):) And at least I know the difference between and Anaconda and a Beaver, BILLY!

"Holy sh**, look at that, it'a an anaconda!" "Oh wait, it's just a beaver." Next scene, Billy looks over his left shoulder and sees an 8 eyed furry spider smiling at him saying, "Wuzzzzzzuppppp!":)

a454elk

Mexicutioner
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 5, 2001
Yeah, whatever there Marlin Perkins.:moon:

Top Bottom